RYT-200 Tantrik Hatha Yoga Teacher Training in Guatemala & Tuscany
Volcano Situation : Thankfully Lake Atitlan was not affected by the recent outbreak at all. Our prayers and donations go out to the victims.
"Love says 'I am everything'. Wisdom says 'I am nothing'.
Between the two, my life flows."
~ Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
The Love · Evolve · Awaken 200-hour YTT takes you on
a profound journey into
• The ancient mysteries of Yoga while making the connection to modern science & living
• Uncovering and embodying the 'highest version of ourselves' to live fulfilled, content, even blissful lives through the effects of focused spiritual practice
• Inspiring ourselves and others during every step of the journey into Love, Presence and Completeness
• Sharing your Gift by becoming first a Yogi, then a Yoga Instructor
• Finding your voice & strength, so you can empower others to walk the path of Self discovery with Beauty & Grace
• Down-to-earth tools & techniques to assist yourself and your future students in making life more successful and inspiring, a journey integrating the outer and inner realms of existence
• 4-day Special Modules allowing you to deepen an aspect that interests you more deeply. Each course has a different special module, please see the options on the Dates & Rates page
Our trainings are NOT for everyone, but for those yogis ready to truly show up
for Deep Self-Inquiry with Discipline, Courage & an Open Heart.
The trouble of finding the best Yoga Teacher Training
Yes, it can be overwhelming to compare all the different offers out there. To create an authentic, far-reaching Yoga Educationwe have compiled the quintessential teachings of Yoga from numerous trusted sources over decades of study and practice, a solid foundation for your journey of Self-discovery and as a well-prepared yoga instructor.
We will explore a proper academic curriculum based on the traditional Eight Limbs of Yoga ('Ashtanga') and Advaita Vedanta, the non-dualistic Yogic philosophy of India, further enriched with gems of Tantra, Tibetan Buddhism, Sufism and Mysticism.
Instead of an overly gymnastic approach, our classical style of Hatha Yoga focuses extensively on Stillness of body & mind allowing us to explore each pose as a specific meditation to reveal our Ultimate Nature.
The Hatha Yoga style of the Love · Evolve · Awaken YTTs
bears similarities to (or is inspired by)
· Patanjali-Ashtanga Yoga
(which is not modern Ashtanga)
· Hridaya Yoga
· Integral Yoga
· Anusara Yoga
· Satyananda Yoga
· Yin Yoga
An easy-to-follow all-round tune-up for Body, Mind, Heart & Soul.
This training takes place in two locations:
· Winter: Mahadevi Ashram in the lush and picturesque scenery of magical Lake Atitlan
· Summer: The Inner Peace Sanctuary tucked away in a chestnut forest in the foothills of Tuscany, Italy.
In both settings you will be supported by living a simple, sattvic (balanced), yogic lifestyle as part of a vibrant (if temporary) spiritual community.
Yoga Practices — 100 Hours
- · Asana & Bandha/Mudra (Postures, Contractions, Gestures)
- · Pranayama (Breathing Techniques)
- · Kriya Yoga (Purification Techniques)
- · Chanting & Mantra / Bhakti Yoga & Nada Yoga - The Yoga of Sound)
- · Tantra (No nudity)
- · Meditation / Jnana Yoga (The Yoga of Wisdom)
- · Yoga Nidra (The Yoga of Sleep & Lucid Dreaming)
Teaching Methodology — 25 Hours
- · Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction
- · Teaching styles
- · Qualities to be developed as a Yoga teacher
- · The students' process of learning
- · Business aspects of teaching yoga
Yoga Anatomy & Ayurveda — 20 Hours
- · Physical human anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.)
- · Anatomy of the subtle bodies: chakras, nadis, etc.
- · Application of anatomic principles to the yoga practice
- · Benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc
Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics — 30 Hours
- · Meaning and value of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras
- · Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- · Historical evolution of Yoga
- · The Yoga lifestyle in modern society
- · Ethics for Yoga teachers
Practicum — 20 Hours
- · Teaching practice
- · Observing others teaching
- · Giving and receiving feedback
- · Assisting the teachers in the daily practice class
Specific Module (Silent Retreat / Tantra / Bhakti / Permaculture / Ayurveda) - 36 hours
- · Taking our experience to deeper stages of internalization
- · Cultivating Stillness / Embodiment / Devotion / Sustainability / Healing respectively, while observing how peace and happiness are our natural state underneath and beyond the usual busy-ness of the mind
- · Developing authenticity of what you are teaching
Many other YTT's offer quicker programs (over three or even two weeks) with less actual 'contact hours' in the classroom, requiring students to complete many hours by themselves to reach the 200 hours required for certification. Our course features over 225 contact hours, ensuring that you will be adequately prepared to guide future students confidently and successfully.
This course is limited to just 18 (12 in Italy) sincere students – to secure a place in the program and the desired accommodation choice we encourage you to book as early as possible.
IMPORTANT: From the payment confirmation page, Paypal will take you to our application form. Please note that we will return your deposit in full if your form gives the impression that it might not be a good time for you to take this training.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Dates & Rates
Guatemala: 12 Jan - 14 Feb 2019 (with 4-day Permaculture Module)
Tuscany, Italy: 6 Jul - 8 Aug 2019 (with 4-day Silent Retreat)
Tuscany, Italy: 31 Aug - 3 Oct 2019 (with 4-day Bhakti Module)
Early Yogi Rate dorm
Early Yogi Rate private
Current Early Yogi Rate
Full rate dorm Full rate private GT: 12 Jan - 14 Feb 2019 (with Permaculture) 2999 3399 12 Dec 2018 $3300 $3700 IT: 6 Jul - 8 Aug 2019 (with Silent Retreat) EUR 2599 EUR 3399 (single)
EUR 5499 (dbl, 2 pax)
6 Jan 2019 EUR 3500 EUR 4300 (single)
EUR 6900 (dbl, 2 pax)
IT: 31 Aug - 3 Oct 2019 (with Bhakti) EUR 2599 EUR 3399 (single)
EUR 5499 (dbl, 2 pax)
28 Feb 2019 EUR 3500 EUR 4300 (single)
EUR 6900 (dbl, 2 pax)
We recommend securing your spot early to avoid disappointment.
What is included
- · Airport pickup (Guatemala City) at 11 am on the first day of the course
- Pickup from nearest railway station (Italy)
- · Safe & comfortable Accommodation in bamboo-built ashram at one of the most beautiful lakes in the world or restored Tuscan stone-house in ancient Chestnut forest
- · All vegetarian, delicious & sattvic Meals from the ashram kitchen (vegan in GT)
- · 225+ hours of tuition by highly qualified European instructors
- · Certification recognized by Yoga Alliance International (see disclaimers below)
- · Professional Course Manual and supplemental materials
- · Special 4-day Modules (Silent Retreat/Tantra/Bhakti/Permaculture/Ayurveda)
- · Ceremonial Cacao Kirtan every week
- · Steam room/sauna sessions (optional)
- · Personal guidance during and after the course to support a successful start into
one of the most exciting, inspiring & fulfilling professions one could choose.
Ready for your Journey?
IMPORTANT: From the payment confirmation page, Paypal will take you to our Application Form. Please fill it in right away.Note that we will return your deposit in full if your form gives the impression that it might not be a good time for you to take this training.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Bring a friend to an upcoming Love · Evolve · Awaken YTT and you both earn $200 off your booking amount.
Such discounts will be applied to the referred booking when the second payment is due. The Referrer receives a $200 refund as soon as the referred person starts their training.
Certification - Highest quality guaranteed
The Love · Evolve · Awaken Teacher Training Courses are registered internationally with Yoga Alliance as RYT-200. In order to receive the Yoga Instructor certificate we require successful completion of the whole course (with at least 95% attendance), passing of the final exam and facilitation of an acceptable sample class. After we issue your internationally recognized Instructor's Certificate you are entitled to apply with Yoga Alliance to be listed in their directory (their fee applies).
Please see the Disclaimers below.
· As a Yoga Ashram we do not allow meat, tobacco, alcohol or drugs on the premises. We ask you to maintain this sattvic attitude throughout the teacher training course even outside the ashram.
· We do not consider it appropriate for a Yoga instructor to smoke at all, so if you are not able to give up such habits over the course of the YTT, we will not be able to issue an instructor's certificate.
· We reserve the right to terminate any student's course participation on grounds of being unfit to become a Yoga instructor. This decision will be at our discretion (but not made lightly or without consultation with the student in question) and has never happened so far. In such cases a refund will be given proportionate to the part of the course that was taken (e.g. after half the course, half the second payment will be refunded) unless the termination is due to false entries in the application form or other such disentitling circumstances.
· Should a student leave the course at any point on their own accord, no refund will be offered.
· Should a student not pass the final exam of the YTT, they will have a second chance with a different exam after more preparation. If failed again, they will be issued a 'Practitioner's Certificate' and we offer to take the entire YTT a second time at a reduced rate.
· The ashram is located near a traditional Mayan village in the Third World, which may cause noise and other occasional inconveniences, but generally we are immersed in only the sounds of nature.
· Kindly keep in mind that we live close to nature and aspire to maintain a sustainable symbiosis with our environment, so we practice and inspire: energy awareness, reduce-reuse-recycle and general simplicity attitudes. The ashram is a beautiful 'back-to-the-basics' space created for spiritual life & practice with no luxuries. The Inner Peace Sanctuary is of a higher standard, but still follows 'the simple life' nonetheless.
Paying the deposit constitutes agreement with these terms.
Participation is limited to 16 students in Guatemala, 12 students in Italy and is subject to approval by the teachers. To secure your spot, a deposit of US$300 is required (and deducted from the applicable rate), payable either via Venmo, Paypal (+5%) or a transfer to our German or US bank accounts. For peace of mind on bookings more than one month in advance your deposit is protected by our 14-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE, no questions asked!
The remainder is due no later than two months prior to your course, for early bird rates at their expiry date.
Once you have paid in full, if you need to cancel for any reason we will refund 70% of your second payment until two months, 50% until one month prior to the first day of your course.
There is no refund less than one month in advance, but the option to attend a future course at a discounted rate.
Once enrolled, switching to a different course is possible for a $250 fee (plus any difference in the course rate) until two months before, $400 until one month before the course starts.
Shiva Shala at Mahadevi Ashram
Dark Retreat Dome
Private Rooms in Parvati House
Bamboo Dorm Cabin
Chill & Relax Time
Sunrise at Shiva Shala
Resting in Stillness
Rocket Oven Karma Yoga
Garden Karma Yoga
Lost in Bhav
So much love
A world away
Arjuna Dharma Das
Our senior instructor (E-RYT-500, ND) has studied Yoga, Buddhism and other spiritual traditions for over twenty years, devoted to being a life-long student and practitioner. His passion lies in bridging the gap between the ineffable truth of all that is and the every-day experience of it - finding inspiring ways to convey the indescribable mystery of creation and evolution as well as how to celebrate our role in it. He is also a fiery bhakta, immersed in chants & mantras most of the time, dabbling in the art of kirtan. Before getting into spirituality he studied naturopathy & philosophy in Berlin and traveled the world for twelve years becoming a 'alchemist of the soul'. It is his dharma to embody an integrated perspective on life, the universe and everything - for the benefit of all.
From the Heart he would like to offer his deepest gratitude to all his beloved teachers across the world & the years, foremostly Sri Ramana Maharshi, Sri Mooji, Sri Adyashanti, Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, David Deida & Sahajanandaji.
'Love says "I am everything".
Wisdom says "I am nothing".
Between the two, my life flows.'
~ Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj ॐ
Arpita Kshama Devi
Arpita is a dakini with many facets and over fifteen years of formal yoga & meditation practice. Sometimes scholar, sometimes worshipper she combines wisdom traditions with devotional practices into One. Having earned a master’s in Eastern studies she soon realized that there is no use of books without actually walking the path, facing any obstacles along the way with courage, grace, even gratitude. Her passion is to teach by example, to open her Heart to every moment and let it pass right through her until there is nothing left but Everything. Between Jnana Yoga (Union through Wisdom) and Bhakti Yoga (Union through devotion) she finds truth in all and aspires to empathically share it with those who know how to listen.
"By doing service, heart and mind are purified ... be convinced of this! To engage in service is a very powerful Sadhana [spiritual practice]; do not become impatient. Rather, serve your people with the utmost calm and have a kind word for everyone."
~ Sri Anandamayi Ma ॐ
"Arjuna's Yoga classes were the most incredible moving meditation of my life."
- Reed T., USA
"Life-changing" - Rod S., Australia
"I've been in Yoga for over twenty years and Arjuna has managed to give me a whole new perspective of what Yoga can be and should be for modern spiritual practitioners. His wealth of knowledge across the board is remarkable and makes for sound advice and solid results of transformation. He offered something for everyone and eloquently conveyed even challenging concepts in a playful and inspiring way."
- Caroline P., Oregon
"I've never been so deep in meditation."
- Sejr, Denmark, after his first 25-min Meditation at Kaivalya.
"Spending the last 6 weeks at Kaivalya has been the single most transformative experience of my life, and I cannot even begin to express my gratitude for the warm and vibrant community that makes it far more than just a yoga school. I've been lucky enough to have been able to travel extensively through Central America and Southeast Asia/India, and have participated in a number of spiritual courses along the way. I can honestly say that Kaivalya distinguishes itself from everything I've experienced beforehand, and I could not speak more highly of it. From the stunning views of Lake Atitlan and its volcanoes, to the superb teachings and deeply transformative practices, to the delicious and festive meals that I was able to collaborate with other attendees in the making of, staying at Kaivalya brings a state of serenity and depth that lends itself beautifully to the cultivation of stillness and meditative silence, the flourishing of creativity and authentic expression, and the strengthening of heart-centered living and loving relationships. "
- Anthony G., North Carolina
"Arjuna cares about each of his students and dedicates himself to their evolution. He is an extremely patient teacher and you'll never find a more optimistic cheerleader when you're having a tough time. "
- Anastasia Gheyssen, Hridaya Yoga Teacher, Canada
"It was definitely different than any Yoga I had ever done before as it focused much more on the spiritual being than the physical. I was amazed that with daily meditation and practice during the one month course, how many changes I found occurring within my mind. My heart felt more open everyday allowing me to let go of a lot of past hurt and begin to open up to finding forgiveness. As an artist I also found a spark of creativity so large that the hardest part about meditation was trying to quiet all of the new ideas that were suddenly coming to mind. As a couple we also participated in the Tantric Yoga workshop and found great benefit from it. We left that day feeling closer to one another than ever and with great tips on how to sustain our already loving relationship."
- Joanie & Nick, USA